Monday 12 December 2016

City Cycles Shop Opening

Opening the shop has meant my life has become entirely cycling focused. However, actually riding my bike has had to take a back seat. Long days in the shop and late evenings ordering stock haven't left much free time.


After a career spent sitting behind a desk, standing at the counter 8 hours a day has also taken its toll. Each morning I've struggled to lurch from my bed with stiff joints and weary limbs. So when I did finally clamber aboard the road bike for a quick afternoon ride on Sunday, you could almost hear my body creaking as I tried to contort it into motion. The first 30 minutes were torture while the muscle memory was restored. 4 hours racing at the Merida Brass Monkeys next weekend could be fun!

As for the shop we've had a very successful first week. We've sold a bike every day and the workshop has seen a steady stream of customers. We held an opening event on Saturday that was extremely well supported and demonstrated the loyal customer base the previous owners Martin and Jackie had built up.





No comments:

Post a Comment