Friday 13 July 2018

Cycling with Asthma


I haven’t had much to report over the past month. I missed a round of the Southern XC series in June due to a snotty cold, which has been playing havoc with my Asthma ever since. We’ve heard plenty about Asthma in the cycling press recently. My personal opinion being that if I needed 16 squirts of Salbutamol to ride my bike I’d be sat at home and not winning the Vuelta a Espania!

Despite the glorious summer weather I’ve been prevented from riding as much as I would of liked. Even as I’ve recovered I was still only able to manage lower effort rides without getting out of breath. The good news is that the end appears to be in sight. Tackling a couple of hills after work on Tuesday didn’t result in a coughing fit or puffing on my inhaler like Chris Froome. The recent low mileage, low intensity rides may not have been ideal preparation, but my recovery comes just in time for the National Championships on the 22nd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment